The Omniguard® model 660 UV flame detector is designed to detect unwanted fires, and output appropriate alarm information. The Omniguard model 660 senses ultraviolet radiation in the appropriate wavelength for extremely fast fire detection. The Omniguard model 660 will sense both hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fires, a technology which has proven itself over decades of reliable service.
The Omniguard model 660 is available in two versions, one for standard industrial applications where a maximum operating temperature of 85°C is the norm, and a second which is capable of operating at a maximum sustained temperature of 125°C. This version is especially well suited for turbine enclosure and high temperature industrial applications. Both versions are available with an automatic self-test function to monitor the detector’s ability to sense fires and report a fault condition when impaired.
- Available in special high temperature version (-40°C to +125°C)
- All inclusive three-year warranty on parts and labor
- Widest field of view in the industry (120°)
- Robust, weatherproof enclosure for indoor or outdoor applications
- FM, CSA, IECEx and ATEX approved
- Improved, advanced through-the-lens diagnostic self-test
- Long range detection
- Self-contained, explosion-proof enclosure
- Economical no-test version available
- Field configurable relays and sensitivity
- State-of-the-art microprocessor control
- High intensity, localized indication of fire or fault
Responsive to hydrocarbon (gasoline, propane, methane, alcohol, etc) and non-hydrocarbon
(hydrogen, silane, hydrazine, magnesium, etc) flames.
Third-party performance certified to detect saturating signal source in 15 milliseconds,
1 square foot gasoline flame at 50 feet in 1 second. Horizontal performance envelope of 120°.
- Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C &D (explosion proof)
- Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F & G (dust ignition proof)
- NEMA 4X weatherproof, dust-tight, watertight
- CE0081 II 2 G/D
- Ex d IIB + H2 T5 Gb for gas on 660-0XXXX
- Ex tb IIIC T100°C Db IP6X for dust on 660-0XXXX
- Ex d IIB + H2 T4 Gb for gas on 660-1XXXX
- Ex tb IIIC T135°C Db IP6X for dust on 660-1XXXX
Standard housing is copper-free aluminium conversion coated to MIL-C-5541C, Class 3 (white).
Optional stainless steel housing available with passive finish per MIL-5-5002C, Type 1.
Standard operating temperature range: -40° to +85°C (-40° to +185°F).
Special high temperature version: -40° to +125°C (-40° to +257°F).
Ultraviolet peak sensitivity of 2,2 μm.
- nominal voltage: 24 VDC
- range: 20 to 30 VDC
- standby: 90 mA
- alarm: 110 mA
- auto and manual test: 250 mA
- relays (2): fire, trouble, dry contacts, hermetically sealed
- rated: 2 A at 28 VDC. User selects NO or NC
- fire relay: user selects latching or non-latching
Current loop (standard version) 0 to 20 mA output
- 20 mA = fire
- 4 mA = ready
- 0 mA = 20
Programmable RS-485 serial output
Weight: 5 lb (aluminum)
13 lb (stainless steel)
Height x width: 4.90 in x 5.50 in
Conduit entry: 3/4-14 NPTF or M20-1.5
Swivel mount: No 4651027 (used with aluminum)
No 70991 (used with stainless steel)
Portable test unit: No 43808-2
Air shield assy kit: No 8001023
Download Data Sheet: Click Here