Appleton Group proudly announces that Nelson’s LT and CLT self-regulating heating cables now have CSA and CSA-US approval for use on mains and branch sprinkler systems in both the United States and Canada. In addition, these heating cables now meet IEEE 515.1-2012, and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 130-03 standards. And when installed according to instructions will meet the requirements of the NEC 2014-NFPA 70, and CEC 2015
Nelson self-regulating electric heat trace cables are now listed and certified for freeze protection from the main water lines to the sprinkler heads. It’s a simpler, safer method of freeze protection.
- Simple – Far less maintenance and lower costs than existing methods.
- Reliable – Water will always be immediately available to the sprinkler heads rather than having to travel from the main lines. No potentially harmful antifreeze chemicals are needed.
What makes heat trace better?
- Provides automatic heat to branch sprinkler lines when needed. Self-monitoring temperature controls ensure that heat is applied to pipes as soon as it’s needed.
- Self-regulating heat output means the system automatically regulates temperature, reducing electricity use and allowing for cable to be overlapped without the risk of hot spots.
A better alternative – Up until now, you have only had two options for freeze protection from main water lines to sprinkler heads. Unfortunately, both these options come with downsides.
- Dry systems require paying a professional annually to flush out the sprinkler system. Dry systems also mean that it may take water longer to reach the sprinkler system from the main water lines in the event of a fire, and the empty sprinkler system is vulnerable to rust caused by trapped moisture.
- Chemical systems require adding antifreeze to the pipes. This method requires you to buy and add chemicals regularly. It also carries the risk of antifreeze leaking into drains and ground water, or being sprayed in your facility during a fire.
- Loading docks
- Outdoor areas for Restaurants, banquet halls and night clubs
- Arenas and stadiums
- Walk-in freezers
- Car washes
- Parking garages
With the addition of these new approvals, Nelson LT and CLT heating cables will now be able to provide complete protection for fire sprinkler systems. For more information, please visit our website at www.forberg.com or contact Forberg Scientific, Inc. Customer Support and Technical Support at 1-855-288-5330 for any additional inquires.