Analog output for TACHPAK30 and TACHROL30 can be calibrated through TACHLINK software. Instruments come calibrated from the factory, however, the customer has the option to re-calibrate to determine the system is operating correctly or to ensure maximum accuracy at the ends of thecompliance range.
Calibration, when started, must be completed. When AO calibration is initiated the first thing that happens is all of the calibration constants are wiped out. AO will not operate correctly until the process is completed.
1. Place a precision resistor in series with an ammeter capable of measuring micro-amps (6 decimal places for best results). The value of the resistor should be similar to the converter input impedance or simply pick about 500 ohms). One leg of the resistor is connected to the +AO output, the other resistor lead is connected to the + meter terminal, the – meter terminal is
connected to the AO – output.
2. Launch the tach, then TACHLINK
3. Go to the AO cal tab. Click START
4. In the Uncalibrated Values box, the Positive Maximum will be highlighted.
5. Type in the value from the meter then hit TAB
6. Repeat for Positive Minimum, Negative Minimum and Negative Maximum. Make sure to type in a “-“ sign for negative values
7. The Positive Maximum in the Calibrated Values box will be highlighted
8. Type in the value from the meter then hit TAB. Pass or Fail should be indicated.
9. Repeat for Positive Minimum, Negative Minimum and Negative Maximum. Make sure to type in a “-“ sign for negative values
10. If any “Fail” indications appear, repeat AO cal. If after several attempts calibration cannot be
achieved, the tachometer should be sent back for evaluation.